Picking out The Perfect Prom Dress
Prom is one of the biggest nights of high school. It is the time of the year when every girl wants to shine and own the night. With all the expectations placed upon her, choosing the perfect prom dress can be challenging. Therefore, it is important that every girl get the best prom dress. Keeping a few tips in mind while choosing the dress, could help any girl slay the night.
Every girl has an idea of what kind of prom dress she would want to wear. However, if you do not, then you need to get inspired. Take a look at red carpet events, social media, and magazines. Online quizzes can help you figure out what dress you should get.
The Perfect Length
Since it is 2017, there is no specific dress length that is “in.” the choice is completely up to you of what length you would want to rock. Whether it is a long ball gown or a sequin mini dress, remember to choose something that makes you feel comfortable. However, keep in mind that if you want to stand out; you need to think out of the box. A short dress is going to be a typical look, try choosing something that would be unique.
The Dress that Suits Your Body Type
Keep in mind, the prom dress that you choose has to be flattering to the shape of your body.
- Short figure: A dress that is at your knee or calm will not take over the image of your small frame. Opt for a dress that does not have too many details and is a solid color.
- Slender figure: You need to find a dress that will make you look curvy. Detailed bodice dresses will allow you to have a fuller chest. You have the freedom to experiment with lengths, patterns, and colors.
- Triangle figure: A long body piece with a flow-ey skirt is what you are looking for. This way your hip will be camouflaged. Try going for cinched wrist sleeves or cap sleeves so it balances the look of the dress.
- Hourglass figure: Lucky girl! With this body shape, all dresses can be worn beautifully.
Choose Flattering Colors
There are certain colors that complement your skin tone and it is important to choose the right ones.
- Fair: Colors such as light pink or blue work well for you. Opt for bright pastels, or shades of sapphire and ruby.
- Medium: Choose peach, pink, or soft pastel shades. If you want a dark color, opt for lavender, plum, or blue.
- Dark: Colors such as champagne, ivory or gold are what you need to search for. If you want to stand out, go for bright colors such as red or orange.
For a good variety of prom dresses, make sure to check out https://lauriesbridal.com/.